The seat of the APL is currently at the National Library, Edith Cavell St., Port Louis.
The objectives of APL are:
- To represent and act as the professional body for persons working in or interested in library and information services and to make representations on their behalf.
- To scrutinise any legislation affecting the provision of library and information services and to promote such further legislation as may be considered necessary to this end.
- To promote and encourage the maintenance of adequate and appropriate provision of library and information services of various kinds in Mauritius.
- To promote the better management of library and information services.
- To promote the improvement of knowledge, skills, position, and qualifications of librarians and information personnel.
- To maintain a register of Chartered Members, qualified to practice as professional librarians and information personnel.
- To promote study and research in librarianship and information science and to disseminate the results.
- To ensure the effective dissemination of appropriate information of interest to members.
- To work with similar associations overseas and with appropriate local and international bodies to promote the widespread provision of adequate and appropriate library and information services.
- To provide appropriate services to members in furtherance of these objectives.
- To do all such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.
The APL Managing Committtee members for period 2013-2015 are:
- Mr J. Ramsamy, President
- Mrs P. Aubeeluck, Secretary
- Mrs Z. Ellybaccus, Assistant Secretary
- Mrs C. Sahadew, Treasurer
- Mrs D. Naidoo, Assistant Treasurer
- Mrs V. Suggoonah, Auditor